The Character of Maine
Ridgewood’s architectural aesthetic reflects traditional Maine character that is based on quality and dependability. As you walk through a Ridgewood home, you’ll feel, hear, and see that character throughout.
You won’t find anything cookie-cutter about the homes at Ridgewood. Fixtures are premium quality; framing is uncommonly solid; and finish work is impeccable, right down to the custom-milled trim details.
From outside, you’ll notice a pleasing visual balance accented by projecting bays, gabled peaks, wings and dormers, arcades and porches, and inset balconies. Homes are arranged to allow for front-porch exchange between neighbors as well as backyard privacy.
Room to Entertain and Space for Solitude
Entering a Ridgewood home, you’ll feel drawn into the open living space designed to promote interaction among family and friends. Kitchens are spacious to allow for gatherings.
Yet, moving deeper into the home, you’ll find cozy spaces to curl up with a good book or lounge on a weekend morning. Floorplans are customizable to allow for personal interests and space requirements, now and in the future.
Ridgewood homes are built to extremely high-quality construction standards with energy-efficiency and eco-friendly principles. Exceptional features standard in every home include the following (for a complete and detailed specifications list, download Construction Specifications, 93kb pdf):
- Private, wooded setting surrounded by nearly 70 acres of deeded conservation land and trails
- Beautifully landscaped site with walking trails, stone walls, ponds, and carefully designed landscaping for each home
- Architect-designed homes customized to meet your needs
- Underground utilities
- Andersen windows
- Low-maintenance James Hardie fiber-cement siding with shingle highlights
- Certainteed 30-year architectural shingles
- Advanced insulation for superior moisture and thermal properties
- Low-VOC, environmentally friendly Sherwin Williams paints
- Full sprinkler system
- Fully wired for smoke and carbon-dioxide monitoring
- Gracious entry with granite step and mahogany deck
- Deck or patio for outdoor living
- Finished two-car garage with electric opener
- Private lawn area for garden or recreational use
- Landscaping package with shrubs, trees, and plantings
- Hardwood flooring in living room, dining room, and kitchen
- Ceramic tile in all bathrooms
- Stainless-steel, high-end appliance package with gas cooking stove
- Gas fireplace
- Generous kitchen allowance allows choice of high-quality cabinets and granite countertops
- Solid-core, six-panel interior doors throughout
- High-end, poplar trim package
- Kohler faucets and fixtures
- Internet and phone outlets in all bedrooms and living room
- Master bedroom suite with walk-in closets, bath, and stand-up shower
- Full basement
If you fall in love with an existing model, you can purchase that or build it on a new home site.
If you fall in love with a new home site, then choose from home styles approved for that site, and work with the builder to customize your floor plan and select your finishes.
Ridgewood offers five home styles — the Birchwood, Sprucewood, Aspenwood, Cedarwood and Oakwood— ranging from 1,500 to 2,700 square feet with the possibility for larger custom plans.
Every home style is customizable to suit your lifestyle and space needs.